Monday, July 21, 2014

Why this blog?

I've started this blog in my mind several times. Each time I sit in a fast and testimony meeting with tons to say but the unwillingness to go up every month (used to be gospel doctrine teacher--they've heard me lecture before) and take the time for myself. Each time I see how many others successfully reach people online with their testimonies of Christ. Each time I make a personal review of my study methods and how I can make them more effective. I live in Utah, and almost everyone I see daily is active LDS. Perhaps through this blog I can reach out to someone else. However, as I state in my introduction, this is mostly for my sons. I need them to see someday how important this is to me. They are going to face challenges that I've never had to, and they'll have questions I won't be there to answer. I can't beat them over the head with every gospel or philosophical thought or Book of Mormon "A-ha!" moment I have--it would drive them nuts. But if in a distant future they occasionally allow themselves the humorous activity of wandering through my wanderings, they will see what I would love to tell them all day long. In a way, this becomes a public conversation with my boys that is not confined by time. It will, however, be incredibly one-sided for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment